To get started, all you need is a steamer, blender/food processor, and ice cube trays. For this first-time baby food maker, steamed carrots was definitely a wise choice. I found this recipe at Wholesomebabyfood.
Steamed Carrot Puree
Any amount of fresh carrots
1. Wash carrots by using a vegetable brush and lightly scrub carrots under water.
2. Peel carrots and cut into small chunks.
3. Steam until tender. Do not keep any of the water, nitrates may seep into the water.
4. Puree in blender or food processor, adding water to achieve a smooth consistency like jarred baby food.
5. Freeze in 1 ounce ice cube trays.
The frozen 1 ounce cubes are a convenient way to measure your baby’s food.
Q: Do you have a favorite baby food recipe, or any tips for making baby food? Please share below.